Dear HM team,
This is my 1st time here and i love it. The decoration is one of the kind. i love how you make the islamic area bold from the entrance up to the room.
Writing from your lobby cafe side right now, I would love to add up a few suggestion you might want to make later on.
1. Breakfast – It is so hard to find the real kuih muih baba nyonya and so on in melaka, so heres your chance. i would suggest you team to make a visit to local store KUEH in shah alam. You might want to consider that.
i believe the whole idea of this hotel was to celebrate the feeling of sultan palace once upon a time. A real old malay food would really help.
Eliminating a ‘normal’ food serve by others hotel will definitely not bring your team down but more exclusive and more ‘royal’.
Also, you could open a breakfast package on the outside of cafe house for less than RM20 and serve only KUEH MELAKA BABA NYONYA. The idea is not on the profit yet, but to capture more leads so people have the real experience once the make the 1st step to your hotel.
And yes, you should invite the young instagrammers where you could trade them with – their good photos
– honest write up
– live story ig
– hashtag spreadout
– a video on every little experience they received during the breakfast.
want a free copywriting? invite the facebook people who have more than 15k follower on their personal fb.
2. Looking at the super giant ship remind me of vegas.
You could also covert the ship for others to experience the real sultan way of living. i suppose there will be a lot of mock up material like disney style.
i know its gonna cost you a dime, but if you could get an ikea people and bunch of company to prepare their space in the ship, that will help. You need not to worry on the cost and they can spent on their CSR project as well. You should require them to make a real mockup with less maintenance or let them make their own maintenance every quater of the year, this can be park under their yearly csr project.
People who are here for RM20 breakfast would enjoy the shooting area in the ship, just imagine how fast the story will be spread around!
3. Picture worth nothing without a great story-telling.
since most of the decoration here were hysterical, i would suggest you to add up an A5 saiz of small storytelling . The item can be a mockup but the story are not. This will add value to your visitor. beside asking around for the history teacher, you might want to treat some of the Dr. who were majoring in islamic art.
it will not cost you too much if you find the right people and trade them with their ‘royal family stay’ , everyone will trade for their family happiness, trust me!
4. staff – i know this sound cliche, but adding up a little extra thing like tanjak and keronsang on your outfit will bring another unique experience to the client. This remind me so much on bali.
i know how hard it is to work with the youngster nowadays, but im sure theyll be happy if people keep on taking picture with them to show how grateful they are. If they can do it in bali, why not here.
5. song – last but not least. please dont kill the mood. you should play any song that relate to the ambience, siti nurhaliza might work i guess (cindai and so on) . the quitter the lobby, the hotter it gets here hehehehhe, you know what i mean.
so yeah, i love everthing on your hotel and i am so proud seeing a malay muslim hotel concept for the 1st time here in melaka.
Also, congratulation on your social media team, they have work consistently on the field!
start making a viral content and sharing more storytelling, all your client here came for a reason, everyone do have a story and so do you. Run the fbads, and youll gonna find it super bz everyweek i bet!
just my 0.02 cents idea.
pray for me,
kamalia kamal and i am just no body.